Heathcare Business Analyst
|Title:||Heathcare Business Analyst|
|Location:||3033 N. 3rd Ave Phoenix AZ|
The Technical Analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders of the EHR Alliance program in order to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. The Technical Analyst will elicit, analyze, design, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. The Technical Analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
In addition to being accountable to direct line Management, the Technical Analyst may be accountable to and take direction from EHR Alliance Management.
The Technical Analyst will directly interface with Information Technology’s internal customers at the Individual Contributor, Manager and Director levels.
EHR POSITION PURPOSE
The Technical Analyst Core/ Domain Strategy is responsible for implementing the applications events hierarchy and build environment are implemented and maintained in line with the agreed strategy to ensure sound clinical practices.
The Technical analyst will be responsible for completing activities necessary to implement the module(s) applicable to the department e.g., building/ maintaining position level access, creating and updating user logins, building and maintaining hospital room/ bed locations, assisting in the planning and refining of departmental operating policies and procedures in light of automation, assisting in the planning of and conducting training and software testing.
In addition the technical analyst will identify and assists in the resolution of issues that may arise within the department relating to the satisfactory operation of the module(s) both during and after installation.
The successful candidate for this position must: thrive in a team environment; and will have significant interaction with hospital and enterprise technology leaders engaged in planning, design and conversion activities. They should be able to demonstrate great customer service; have an understanding of project management skills; and a broad knowledge of new technology and various applications within a typical clinical reporting arena.
Works as part of the Core/ Technical design team to develop sound design and standards relative to workflow, vocabulary, content, user interface, and clinical logic.
Ensures the integrity, reliability, consistency and efficiency of integration between the departments relative to the:
Flow of information
Clinical Work processes
Works with other Technical, Business and Clinical Lead/ Analysts to address interface and domain overlap issues and conflicts and resolves disputes.
Serves as an authority to insure patient safety standards relative to user security.
Provides oversight for continuity of the clinical computing environment and application functionality in accordance with the intended design as deployed from facility to facility.
Assist facility implementation leadership and Site Operation Leads at each facility in coordination of all project resources.
Monitors compliance with the project plan, manages risk and the escalation of issues until effective resolution is achieved. Is able to demonstrate the functional capabilities and benefits of the application.
Assists in the implementation of redesigned core/ domain processes.
Testing and Validation
Participates in the site project team in testing efforts, including test scenario development, execution of test scripts, and documentation of results.
Performs and documents scripted software validation to insure patient safety pre-production and immediate post-production. Meets or exceeds regulatory requirements (if any) relative to required third party oversight of like clinical software.
Assesses and documents training needs.
Assists in the development of a training plan, training materials, and initiation of training for the end user training in the facility.
Understand the committed benefits expectations relative to the core/ domain process design.
Identifies and enables the collection of appropriate metrics associated with benefits documentation.
Insures that processes drive benefits relative to timely reporting and redundancy.
Assesses and interprets business and user needs and requirements and translates specific portions of business requirements into system requirements, revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
Assists with the transition of new application systems to support ensuring that any unique requirements are incorporated into the EHR Alliance programs
Documents the business impact of system issues.
Assists in formulating and defining requirements, design, testing, implementation, training, and support through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems and business unit requirements.
Acts as liaison between vendor, clinical and business management and department end-users.
Manages the scope of a business solution to meet the goals of the organization as they relate to the site.
Provides on-going support including resolution of application system incidents, root cause analysis of problems, impact analysis, and planning of proposed system upgrades and patches, analysis and development of enhancements to meet changing customer business requirements.
Serves as a resource to others.
- Strong understanding of current technologies and the ability to learn technologies quickly
- Problem solving skills: Adapts and responds to new information, shifting priorities, changing conditions, or un-expected obstacles.
- Strong communication and integration skills: Ability to train, and ability to effectively communicate with customers including listening and asking relevant questions, giving appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Facilitation ability is a strong component of the role: Manage meetings & Conflict resolution
- Conceptual skills: Understanding how decisions impact projects and people
- Works independently with only general direction and minimal supervision. Uses skills and abilities to complete complex tasks, including deciding which processes to use.
- Advocates for and positively represents other programs and services when working with customers and stakeholders
- Show the ability to be self managed, can manage own time and prioritize work to meet timeline.
- Demonstrate ability to reason logically and provide effective solutions to complex problems. Make high quality decisions based on facts and business priorities.
- Delivers products and services when and where the customer needs them. Explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied.
- Ensuring that the work carried out is aligned with the organization's mission. Understands how their position contributes to the mission, goals and objectives of the organization
- Accept responsibilities for own actions and demonstrates trust worthiness and high personal standard with dealing with others.
- Focus energy on activities that will achieve the greatest results.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- Minimum 7+ years of IT industry experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 2+ Years working with clinical information systems implementations
- 3+ Years of experience working in Cerner Millennium platfor preferred
- Extensive IT operations experience with strong understanding of web applications structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare-related software applications.
- Strong HL7 knowledge and interface experience
- Technical writing and documentation
- Systems analysis and design
- Healthcare workflow knowledge
- Understands and employs fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relating to systems analysis and design.
- Strong understanding of process redesign including documentation of current state IT and Business processes.
- Ability to facilitate workshops with end users.
- Knowledge of business operations and in-house business systems required.
- Ability to understand IT projects and concepts as they relate to high-level business objectives, and ability to present
- those concepts to both IT and non-IT audiences in a concise and easily understandable manner.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to manage up, down and across levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for information gathering and the ability to interact with various client groups
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Ability to create, manage and enhance customer and vendor relationships.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Skills in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Identification with and support of the Mission and Values of client and sponsors.
Some travel will be required to IT Corporate Operations in Phoenix and various hospitals during the project.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications