Sr. Network Solutions Engineer
|Title:||Sr. Network Solutions Engineer|
|Location:||Mt Laurel, NJ|
DescriptionSenior Solutions Engineer - Networking
As a Senior Solutions Engineer - Networking, your primary responsibility is to provide design, consulting, implementation and support services to the company’s customers. In this role the majority of your time will be in a billing capacity but some presales engineering will be expected. This position will partner with members of the designated consulting and engineering teams as well as operate with a high degree of independence.
- Provide technical leadership for Network Consulting and Network Services projects which will include the resolution of issues related to the coordination, control, design, support, and operation of specialized components of network infrastructure technology.
- Responsibilities include executive and technical-level communications and relationship building to gain credibility/trust of internal and external customers.
- Consult, assess or audit, design and interview customers to determine technical requirements.
- Convert customer requirements into actionable scope of work.
- Provide knowledge transfer and technology mentorship to the customer.
- Perform analysis of networking problems as well as provide highest-level crisis management.
- Ensure familiarity with customer network planning, implementation and support processes and procedures.
- Be a customer technical liaison for client’s technical support and development teams.
- Provide recommendations on viability, implementation strategies and optimal implementation of client solutions.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of network topologies and conditions. Ensure changes to network topologies are made with minimal down-time.
- Engineer, configure and lead the design, configuration and deployment of data networks including LAN, WAN and WLAN, and supporting the following components; Application Servers, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, SANs, load balancers and other network infrastructure devices.
- Deliver to current client requirements and generate additional consulting work by understanding the client's needs and by showing them the justification for new technologies that fit their business.
- Assist clients in the daily maintenance of voice and data network infrastructure including LAN, WLAN, WAN, WiFi and VOIP. Serve as tier 1, 2 and/or tier 3 resources for trouble tickets and work orders for related network infrastructure devices.
- Provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current issues and progress toward goals.
- Apply business development skills to identify potential sales leads and opportunities and communicate discovered opportunities to the regional sales team.
- Expert-level experience in relevant fields of network engineering/implementation.
- Excellent technical skills on Service Provider networks.
- Competitive equipment knowledge and service delivery experience with a channel partner, large enterprise or university, service operator (carrier), Third Party Network Consulting Services Company or other relevant industry.
- Expert-level hands-on operation of networking equipment, management tools and network analyzers.
- Possess expert-level knowledge (or the aptitude to acquire knowledge) of client products, capabilities, functions and configurations.
- The ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks
- 5 years consulting experience with Cisco route/switch configuration, Wireless, Cisco Security and/or Cisco Data Center products.
- CCNP or higher required. CCIE or CCNP-Wireless certification preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in LAN/WAN network administration and engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience and extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, LAN and WAN topologies, WiFi, firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, VPN, IPSec, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SNMP, network monitoring and protocol analyzers.
- Experience working as a consultant is a significant plus.
- Experience installing and supporting security, Cisco Nexus, Storage Area Networks (SAN) and VMWare a plus.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications