Sr. MySQL DBA
|Title:||Sr. MySQL DBA|
DescriptionDLH Consulting is looking for a Senior MySQL Database Administrator for Datavail. Datavail is an industry leader in remote database administration services that specialize in database support and professional services for Oracle, Oracle E-Business, SQL Server and MySQL. Datavail provides their clients 24 X 7 support for their customer’s mission critical database systems, which is possible through a proven model of Tier 3 DBAs in the U.S. and our Tier 2 team in Mumbai, India.This model allows our DBAs to provide superior service to our customers, without our DBAs having to sacrifice their lives.
Applicants should have the following experience in order to be considered for this position:
- 7+ years overall IT experience, with 4+ years on MySQL
- Well versed in database performance tuning, especially SQL tuning
- Exposure to Percona
- Skilled in backups & recovery
- 24x7 production support experience
- Development DBA experience
- Intimate with SQL language
- MySQL 4.x and 5.x
- Replication: master-slave, master-master-slave
- Restoring: point-in-time, restore a master
- Backups: table, databases, utilities needed for backing up, affects on table types
- Query tuning: adding/removing indexes, rewriting queries for better performance
- Configuration tuning: for query and overall database performance
- Installation on UNIX o/s and upgrades on UNIX o/s
- Intermediate knowledge of UNIX with regard to moving and compressing files, creating users, simple troubleshooting
- Other MySQL supported storage engines
Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred (but not mandatory):
- Familiar with ETL tools like Informatica, Ab Initio, Sagent, etc.
- MySQL DBA Certifications would be a plus!
Miscellaneous required knowledge:
Database modeling & design (normalization, physical design, etc.)
Other qualities required:
- EXCELLENT communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Willing to carry on-call cell-phone/pager
This position is for full-time employment with full medical benefits and may require up to 5% travel outside the Denver metro area. Salary commensurate with experience.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications