Develop and manage release management processes and procedures including approval checklists insuring software builds and releases meet business requirements, are installed correctly, and execute with quality. Provide daily oversight and coordination of Configuration Management functions for all applications through the build to deployment phases and other programs as may be assigned. Collaborate closely with our Application Managers, Software development team and Enterprise Architects to ensure proper support is provided. Maintain version control over multiple baselines and projects being worked on and/or fielded simultaneously; will be responsible for ensuring that Change Management and Change Control processes are strictly enforced throughout the development life cycle; and will conduct SCM Audits on a regular basis to ensure baseline integrity and to ensure baselines are consistent with documentation. Develop metrics and perform analysis on the process' overall controls. Responsible for the design and development of SCM procedures and processes; training and mentoring the organization in SCM Best Practices. Design and develop SCM policies and procedures to ensure that the project maintains the integrity of complex software, hardware, and documentation throughout the project life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with releasing software on a large scale, complex Java / J2EE SOA environment
- Excellent Unix background; Unix/Linux administration experience a plus
- Working knowledge of SCM (software config management) best practices and applications deployed in a SOA environment
- 5 + years of build/release engineering experience in unix environment
- Proficiency in more than one scripting languages (ie. unix shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, and/or Python)
- Experience with automating build release processes
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
- Experience with automated builds, deployments, troubleshooting to multiple QA environments as well as Production Support
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (ie. Cruise Control, Hudson)
- Strong knowledge and experience with various source control tools: SVN, GIT, Perforce,
- Strong knowledge and experience with various build methods and tools: Make, Ant, Bamboo, Maven
- Working knowledge of complex SOA environments involving load balancer, firewalls, webservers, application servers, databases, routers/switches- Knowledge of Oracle database and PL/SQL a plus
- Web Application (Java) Trouble Shooting
- Administer and manage the Configuration Management System, its data, and artifacts.
- Assist with the design, architecture, and implementation of all needed environments to support any product offerings or code bases developed for clients.
- Works closely with development teams to define deployment requirements.
- Maintains existing installation source code base.
- Assists with evaluation and implementation of technical tools and processes for Software Configuration Management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail; production support experience
- Ability to lead others and manage complex technical projects/tasks at a detail level in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experienced with working effectively in cross-functional teams
- Be a customer advocate, making sure that software releases contain the features and fixes they requested
- Research and improve methods of production and processes based on industry standards.
- Serve as an advocate for SCM Best Practices.
- Maintain Compliance Requirements.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
• BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, MA desired
• 5 + years experience in managing the release and configuration management process
• Proven track record in software build management, notably with automated builds and installation processes
• ITIL Service Delivery process knowledge required and certification preferred.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications